Rachel Boston stars in Hallmark Channel’s January 1 movie, A Rose for Christmas. This final film of Hallmark’s annual Countdown to Christmas is about a young woman who takes over her family’s tradition of creating a stunning float for The Rose Parade. When we spoke to Boston about the film, we also asked her our “5 Questions” and couldn’t resist asking about her New Year’s resolution.
1. If your TV had only three shows or networks on it, what would you be watching?
I Love Lucy, the Mary Tyler Moore Show, and Friends.
2. What are three foods you have to have in your fridge or pantry at all times?
I would put in three watermelons. I just love watermelon. It wouldn’t be a wide range of nutrients, but …
3. Tell us about a time when you were completely star-struck.
I’m actually somehow related to Al Gore, like, distantly. When I was growing up, we used to go to a lot of political events. I was always blown away by how incredibly professional they were at all times. That was probably my first moment of seeing political leaders, and it was really impressive to me.
4. If you weren’t an actor, what do you think you’d be doing for a living?
I used to want to be a veterinarian, so possibly working with animals.
5. A Rose for Christmas premieres on New Year’s Day — a day when lots of people make resolutions. What is your resolution for 2017?
I kind of start a little early, although mine are pretty basic. It’s like, “I’m going to work out more.” My grandpa used to say, “if you’ve got your health, you’ve got everything.” So being healthier is always top of the list.
A Rose for Christmas > Hallmark Channel > Sunday, Jan. 1 at 8pm ET/PT, 7pm CT