As 2015 draws to a close, it’s time again for Barbara Walters to present her list of the 10 most fascinating people of the year. For the 23rd year, the journalist’s highly-anticipated special — which is conistently one of the highest-rated specials of the year — will profile and highlight top newsmakers and prominent names in pop culture, entertainment, politics and sports.
The #1 most fascinating person will be revealed on the 90-minute special; meanwhile, ABC has released 7 of the 10:
- Four-time Oscar nominee Bradley Cooper, who has an upcoming movie (Joy) with Jennifer Lawrence.
- Amy Schumer, who has had a whirlwind year, between Inside Amy Schumer, Trainwreck, and her recent photo shoot with Annie Leibovitz for the 2016 Pirelli calendar.
- Tracy Morgan, who is back to work with a new lease on life after a 2014 car accident that left him critically injured.
- Longtime U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders, an Independent who is running on the Democratic ticket for the 2016 presidential election.
- Misty Copeland, the first African American Female Principal Dancer with the American Ballet Theatre.
- UFC Bantamweight Ronda Rousey, who, despite being knocked out by Holly Holm last month (a rematch is in the works!), is considered one of the premier female athletes of all time.
- Designer Donna Karan, who left DKI (which owns the Donna Karan and DKNY labels) earlier this year to focus on her Urban Zen fashion line and foundation.
Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2015 airs Thursday, Dec. 17 at 9:30pm ET on ABC.
Photos: © 2015 American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.