Judy Greer will always be your favorite BFF in romantic comedy movies. But she’s also grown into something of a nerdgirl icon, voicing characters in FX’s Archer and getting exposure as Kitty Sanchez on Arrested Development. She’s also had roles in sci-fi flicks like Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and this summer’s Tomorrowland and Jurassic World. In a role that’s a little more grounded, Greer returns as frazzled wife and mother Lina Bowman in Season 2 of FX’s comedy Married (Thursdays beginning July 16 at 10:30pm ET/PT). We grilled Greer with our always hard-hitting “7 Questions.”
1) What has been your strangest fan encounter?
Just Archer fans in general. And when I get flashed by Arrested Development fans going, “Say goodbye to these!” The guys actually show their tits. The women never do; they just pretend to.
2) What’s your favorite sports team?
The Detroit Red Wings.
3) If your TV carried just three shows or networks, what would they be?
The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Archer.
4) What’s a movie you can watch over and over again?
It changes, but right now it’s Step Brothers.
5) What are three things you have to have in your fridge or pantry?
Batteries, nail polish and beer.
6) You’re at a magazine rack and can only pick three titles. Which ones do you choose?
Lucky, Domino and Vogue.
7) Did you really have a lot of Planet of the Apes stuff at your wedding?
If you ask my husband, it probably wasn’t enough Planet of the Apes stuff. We had the movies — the original and Rise of the Planet of the Apes — on TVs during the cocktail hour. We had chimpanzee cake-toppers. I bought a watch as a wedding gift for my husband and I had “Ape shall not kill ape” engraved on it. Then I discovered that the line is actually “Ape shall never kill ape.”