The search for true love is a difficult one, but five plus-sized beauties open their loves and hearts as they embark on this very personal journey. Lifetime’s new docuseries, Big Women: Big Love, premiering Jan. 1, shines a light on the lives of plus-size daters and presents an unflinching look into the romantic adventures of five brave singletons.
I love dating shows. I simply love watching people fall in love. I am a softie, a romantic, and I root for the lovelorn. Plus-size faces aren’t regularly seen on the TV landscape, so more than watching these women achieve their goals of finding love, I look forward to seeing bodies that fall outside of “the TV norm” and find recognition and success.
Meet the ladies of Big Women: Big Love:
- Jenn, 26 (Los Angeles, CA) – Originally from the midwest, Jenn has always lived a sheltered life under the watchful eyes of her parents. Now on her own in Los Angeles, she is on the prowl to find a cuddly guy with a beard and loving every minute of it!
- Jessica, 29 (Atlanta, GA) – Jessica, a makeup artist, recently lost 100 pounds but still lives at home with her overbearing mother. Her perfect man is educated, spiritual, successful, respects women and knows how to wine, dine and surprise her.
- Kristi, 34 (Fort Worth, TX) – A single mom raising a daughter, Kristi is using the internet as her dating guru, but hasn’t found the southern gentleman of her dreams yet.
- Mar, 32 (Clifton, NJ) – Mar has dreams of finding true love and becoming the next big singing sensation. With a penchant for skinny bad boys, she refuses to date a guy who also is plus-sized, despite her own curvy physique.
- Sabrina, 31 (Brooklyn, NY) – Everything about Sabrina is big…big hair, big fashion and an even bigger personality. The self-described dork is never one to turn down an invitation and always makes the best of every situation, particularly while searching for a man who shares her love of video games.
Big Women: Big Love > Lifetime > premiering Jan. 1, 10pm ET/PT
Beginning January 7, Big Women: Big Love moves to its regular day and time, Wed. at 10pm ET/PT.
© 2014 Photo by Emily Shur