If the big guy in red doesn’t fulfill all of your holiday wishes, turn on ABC to get a blustery treat as Disney’s annual Christmas parade and special gets a Frozen makeover. This year’s 31st annual Christmas Day special has been renamed the Disney Parks Frozen Christmas Celebration in a nod to last year’s movie smash.
Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts hosts the celebration from Walt Disney World in Florida with musical performances from Train, Ariana Grande, Lucy Hale, Trisha Yearwood and more. GMA Contributor and ESPN football analyst Tim Tebow will also report from Florida. Meteorologist Rob Marciano will report from Disneyland while Modern Family star Sarah Hyland gets the lucky job of reporting from Aulani, the lux Disney resort in Ko Olina, Hawaii.
Some of the special’s Frozen highlights include:
- Ariana Grande will perform her new Christmas single “Santa Tell Me” and the Christmas tradition “Last Christmas”
- Prince Royce adds to the merriment with “I Want to Wish You a Merry Christmas/Feliz Navidad”
- Alex and Sierra, winners of X Factor USA‘s third season winners will sing “Love is an Open Door” from Frozen
- A special rendition of the Frozen hit single, “Let It Go,” performed by 12-year-old YouTube sensation, Lexi Walker.
- Gavin DeGraw will performing his latest single “Fire” and the holiday standard “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” from the islands of Hawaii.
- Laura Marano, of Disney Channel’s Austin & Ally, entertains viewers with her version of “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” as posed by Princess Anna in Frozen
- Trey Songz, Lucy Hale and Train will serenade audiences at Disneyland Resort in California with holiday favorites such as “All I Want for Christmas is You,” “Mistletoe,” and “Shake Up Christmas”
- Country music superstar Trisha Yearwood will perform her hit single, “Prizefighter,” and the holiday classic, “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”
Throughout the special, favorite Disney friends and characters will spread cheer along parade routes in Disneyland an Walt Disney World:
- The Frozen stars of the parade, Elsa and Anna, return from Arendelle to join the royal court and ring in the holidays on Main Street, U.S.A. at Walt Disney World Resort
- Olaf, the summer-loving snowman from Frozen, joins hundreds of Dance the Magic youth performers in front of Cinderella Castle for a musical number to “In Summer”
- Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty makes her holiday debut as the steampunk-inspired fire-breathing dragon, as featured in the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
- A new Club Penguin float joins the procession highlighting the holiday special, “We Wish You a Merry Walrus”
- The superheroes of Big Hero 6 take a break from saving the world to wish onlookers happy holidays
- The National Cheerleaders Association and National Dance Alliance Performance Cheer Team, featuring 800 members from 41 states, entertain park guests lining Main Street, U.S.A.
- Boys and Girls Club National Youth of the Year winner, Maryah Sullivan, appears in the regal coach from the upcoming live action film, Cinderella
- After a long night of delivering presents, the jolly man in the red suit, Santa Claus, finishes his route on Main Street, U.S.A.
Disney Parks Frozen Christmas Celebration > ABC > Thursday, Dec. 25 10am ET
images © Mark Ashman/ Disney