In the season opener, former Biggest Loser contestant Tumi Oguntala — who dropped 175 pounds— is also a winner at love, arriving at New York’s Kleinfled Bridal salon to find the perfect gown to flatter her new figure at her upcoming wedding. Oguntala gets an additional, very special consultant in the form of her former Biggest Loser coach Jillian Michaels, who arrives with plenty of surprises in store for her charge.
In another first for the series, the Say Yes to the Dress premiere follows SYTTD superfan Megan as she accepts her boyfriend’s moving proposal and is launched in a whirlwind gown-shopping day with family at Kleinfeld.
Other special guests throughout Season 12 include 2013 Miss USA Erin Brady. who enlists beloved bridal guru Randy Fenoli to help her find a wedding dress that will stand out from her pageant gowns. Plus, Meghan King, bride-to-be of pro baseball player turned Fox Sports broadcaster Jim Edmonds, searches for the perfect gown to flatter her athletic figure and suit the couple’s Bora Bora nuptials.
Also appearing are:
- Boston bombing survivor Rebekah Gregory
- Good Morning America weather anchor Ginger Zee
- Actress and Broadway star Sutton Foster
- Laurel Harris, star of Broadway’s Wicked
- QVC host Courtney Cason
- NFL stars Julius Jones and Thomas Jones who tag along with their bride-to-be sister
- NFL player Ricardo Silva and his fiancée Whytnee
Say Yes to the Dress Season 12 premiere Friday, Oct. 10 at 9/8CT on TLC.