America’s Got Talent returns for its ninth season (premiering Tuesday May 27, 8-10 pm ET) and judge Heidi Klum is amazed by this season’s crop of talent. “You would have thought that after last year, we would have found all of the talented people in this country. How many talented people can be left? But there are so many amazing people!” Heidi took a few minutes to answer our “7 Questions” …
1. You’re at a magazine rack and can only pick three titles. Which ones do you choose?
Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar and W magazine.
2. What are three things you have to have in your fridge or pantry?
Kale, fennel and garlic.
3. What’s a movie you can watch over and over again?
I watch a lot of kids movies. Madagascar. I love Madagascar.
4. Tell us about a time when you were starstruck.
I would say probably the first time I met James Brown. When I did the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show many, many years ago, he was performing at the aftershow and I got to meet James Brown. I was really excited!
5. What attracted you to joining America’s Got Talent?
I’d been watching America’s Got Talent with my kids at home. They always loved America’s Got Talent, and when I was asked to be a judge on the show, you can’t imagine how excited I was, but also how excited they were. Their mama was going to be sitting there pushing the X!
6. What is the hardest part of being a judge on America’s Got Talent?
It is hard getting booed by fans when you don’t like an act.
7. Do you have any funny stories about this season of America’s Got Talent?
One time, there was this act on the stage and we were all buzzing, and the buzzer, the X, wouldn’t go off! It turns out Mel B had unplugged the buzzers to charge her cellphone! We all laughed hysterically. I hope that they show it in its entirety on TV.