Australian native Maia Mitchell stars in Disney Channel’s new original film “Teen Beach Movie,” where her character blasts back in time and gets stuck in a 1960s beach movie. “Some of the great themes in the movie are following your dreams and also a great message of believing in yourself,” Mitchell shares. Her character, Mack, inspires her new friends to be more empowered and helps them believe they can do anything they put their mind to. Below Mitchell was a good sport in answering our famed “7 Questions” column.
1. You’re at a magazine rack and can only pick three titles. Which ones do you choose?
Vogue, The Hollywood Reporter, Rolling Stone
2. If your DVR only carried three shows which three would you pick?
Girls, Mad Men, Swamp People
3. Name a movie you can watch over and over again and never get tired of it.
4. What are three things you have to have in your fridge or pantry?
Berries, granola and tea
5. When flying back in forth between Australia and the States, how do you pass the time?
I read and try to get some work done. I can never sleep on planes and the last couple of hours are always unbearable.
6. What’s one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
My roommate and I don’t own a TV.
7. What’s the best part of living in Australia?
The coffee is great, the weather is pretty amazing, the landscapes are beautiful. But mostly the coffee!