E! is seriously rolling out the red carpet with their pre- and post-Oscar award coverage that begins with their Countdown to the Red Carpet show and continues through to the after-parties and post-award fashion critiques. Their on-camera team will be lead by Ryan Seacrest, who will be live from the red carpet doing the network’s famed on-the-spot, red carpet interviews, while Giuliana Rancic will hold court at The Roosevelt Hotel, and Kelly Osborne will provide ongoing reports from E!’s Sky Box, located high above all the red carpet action. The coverage and highlights include:
• Countdown to the Red Carpet: The 2012 Academy Awards begins on Sunday, Feb. 26 at 1:30pm ET/10:30am PT (live to both coasts) with Rancic, Osbourne, George Kotsiopoulos, Ross Mathews and others. The show will be anchored live from the famed Roosevelt Hotel on Hollywood Boulevard, the site of the very first Academy Award show, but many of the correspondents will be based at various locations around Hollywood to bring up-to-the-minute updates on everything happening in the hours leading up to the big night.
• The pre-show coverage will include recaps of all the nominees, predictions for the big wins of the night, and an insiders look at red carpet trends. Special guest hosts include Selita Ebanks, Kristin Cavallari and Sarah Hyland.
• An exclusive performance by Kermit the Frog as he performs “Rainbow Connection” with Glee’s Darren Criss in celebration of the Oscar-nominated song “Man or Muppet” from The Muppet Movie.
• Celebrity hairstylist Ken Paves will give viewers the latest on the sexy red carpet up-dos
• A fashion show with looks inspired by the films Midnight in Paris, My Week with Marilyn and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo will show how to integrate each of those looks into your everyday style
• Other special guests include a number of feathered and scaly animals that “helped make movie magic” last year, including the ‘infamous’ monkey from The Hangover, Part II
• E! Online will introduce “Livestream From the Red Carpet” airing from 5:15 – 7:30pm ET/ 2:15 – 4:30pm PT (live to both coasts). This livestream show will also be available in the “Live From the Red Carpet” apps. The show mixes feeds of E!’s many carpet cameras, the hottest Twitter trends of the night, results from polls posted on E!’s Facebook page, and live segments hosted by Ross Mathews and Kristina Guerrero.
• E!’s After Party: The 2012 Academy Awards airs from 11:30pm – 1:30am ET/ 8:30pm – 10:30pm PT (live to both coasts) and takes viewers inside the most glamorous and celebrity-filled parties. Ross Mathews, Ben Lyons and Tai Beauchamp will be reporting from E!’s location at the Roosevelt Hotel while Catt Sadler will be at the famous Governor’s Ball and Ashlan Gorse will provide reports from the world-renowned Vanity Fair Oscars Party.
• E!’s Fashion Police: The 2012 Academy Awards is scheduled for Monday, February 27 at 10:00 PM ET/PT and features their regular shtick of highs and lows in fashion from the night with the ever opinionated Joan Rivers, and Kelly Osbourne, Giuliana Rancic and George Kotsiopoulos, plus special guest Wendi McLendon-Covey from the hit film Bridesmaids.