1. You’re at a magazine rack and can only choose three publications. Which do you pick?
Maxim, Cook’s Illustrated and duPont Registry.
2. If your TV only aired three networks, which three would you want?
ESPN, HBO and Food Network.
3. What has been your weirdest fan encounter?
Sitting on a plane a woman says to me, “You look like that guy on TV — what’s his name? Oh yeah, it’s Gus Ferrari — do you know that guy?”
4. When was the last time you were star struck?
I was shooting Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives in Portland, Maine, and went to a Hank Williams Jr. show. I’m a huge fan so I was psyched to go backstage and have the chance to meet him in person. When I went back, he saw me and before I could introduce myself, he yelled out, “Hey, you are that food guy from Food Network!” I couldn’t believe he knew who I was!
5. Besides eggs, what’s another food that you’d prefer to never consume ever again?
Liver — I don’t like parts that had other jobs.
6. You’re allowed just one condiment for the rest of your gustatory life — what is it?
7. Fill in the blank: Rachael Ray should be very afraid on Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cook-Off because …
Bigfoot is real and lives near her country house.
And here we thought it might have something to do with competition. In any case, the Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives dude takes on Ray to see who can coach their respective team of famous folks — including Cheech Marin, Joey Fatone and Olympic gold medalist Summer Sanders — to culinary victory in Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cook-Off, premiering on Food Network Jan. 1.