1. You’re at a magazine rack and can only pick three magazines. Which ones do you pick? Hmm, that’s hard. Probably Teen Vogue, Seventeen and something guilty pleasure, like US Weekly or one of those magazines.
2. If your TV only aired three shows, which three would you want? True Blood. Community. (In the background, to boyfriend Matt Prokop, “Three shows from the tv, babe?”) And Workaholics.
3. What has been your strangest celebrity encounter? Probably when I went up to J.J. Abrams because I was the biggest Lost fan, and he knew who I was and was a fan of the show and said I was great on it. I think I stopped breathing. I’m surprised I’m alive right now.
4. If you had to eat one thing every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? We’re at Chick-fil-A right now. (laughs) In line for the drive-thru. Either that or Lunchables.
5. What bores you? Ooh, that’s a good one. What do I get bored with? I would like to say the news, but that’s not boring. I’ve gotten older and appreciated it more. Um. Boring. (thinking aloud) Boring is the commercial breaks at the Emmys, when you’re sitting in there. It’s as boring as you’d think it is. But you can people watch. Like, ‘hey, Edie Falco’s walking up the aisle!’
6. What would someone be really surprised to know about you? I don’t really know how to do hair and makeup. I’m not a girl when it comes to that kind of stuff. I can blow-dry my bangs and that’s it. I cannot blow-dry my own hair. I can’t curl it because apparently there’s a way to curl it, like either forwards or backwards, and I don’t understand that. I’m okay with makeup. I can just barely get myself through the day when it comes to makeup. But hair is just an ‘uh-uh.’ I put my hair up in a bun and that’s it.
7. Who would you love to work with in the future? Russell Brand. I think he’s one of the funniest people I’ve ever met or the funniest people I’ve ever seen. I love Russell Brand! I think he’s fantastic. Forgetting Sarah Marshall is one of my favorite comedies.
Sarah Hyland and Matt Prokop star in the Disney Channel original movie Geek Charming, premiering Nov. 11 at 8p ET/PT.