By Emily Mitchell
The new executive-producer of E!’s new show The Spin Crowd may be more accomplished than you think.
You know the celebrities I’m talking about … the ones where you are constantly asking yourself, “Why are they famous?” I find Kim Kardashian to be in this category, as well as Paris Hilton. Both essentially got famous off infamous sex tapes, but both have used the publicity to further their fame. Touche.
I was impressed to learn that she was going behind the camera for E!’s new series on public relations, The Spin Crowd, simply because a) she and her family are the biggest fame whores in Hollywood, and b) because I didn’t realize she had the ability.
But it got me thinking about all the stuff the Kim Kardashian has ever done careerwise. Does she deserve more credit than I am giving her? Let my research begin.
Kim actually began in the industry as a stylist for recording artist Brandy, whose brother, Ray J, Kim dated. He was also the subject in the sex tape that put Kim on the map.
Anyways, since then, Kim has created a business empire. Are you ready for this list?
1. DASH Clothing Stores- Kim is co-owner of two DASH stores, along with her mother and two sisters, Khloe and Kourtney.
2. Fitness DVD- Kim made a fitness DVD called “Fit In Your Jeans By Friday!” back in February 2009.
3. Shoes- Kim started her own shoe company called shoedazzle.com, which sells fashionable shoes designed by Kim’s hand-picked designers at low prices.
4. Fashion Designer- Kim and her sisters Khloe and Kourtney designed a line for Bebe, which debuted at New York Fashion Week in February 2010. Also in February 2010, Kim announced that she and her sisters had once again collaborated to design a jewelry line for L.A. based Virgin Saints And Angels.
5. Perfume- Kim partnered with Sephora cosmetics and launched her “Kim Kardashian” scent in February 2010.
6. Spokeswoman- Kim has deals with a long list of famous brands. Most notably, weight-loss supplement Quick Trim. She has also been a Carl’s Jr. “hottie”, hawking the restaurant chain’s grilled chicken salads.
7. Author- Coming out November 23, Kim and her sisters Khloe and Kourtney will be releasing a book called Kardashian Konfidential, which will offer tips and insight to love, fashion, and makeup.
8. Actress- IMDB proves that she has some acting cred. Count “CSI:NY” and “Beyond The Break”, as well as her role in Disaster Movie alongside Carmen Electra.
So Kim Kardashian has successfully made her name into a brand. (See above list.) And last week, Kim was cast into wax by Madame Tussaude’s. While you may not consider her success based on talent, she does seem to be venturing our more with executive producing E!’s “The Spin Crowd”. She has done a LOT more than I thought she had, and her empire continues to grow. We should give her some deserved credit.
Credit: Sara Jaye Weiss/StartraksPhoto.com