1. You’re at a magazine rack and can pick three magazines. What are they?
Michelle Forbes: Dwell, The New Yorker and Harper’s.
2. If your TV only carried three shows, which three would you want?
Mad Men, 30 Rock and Bored to Death.
3. What has been your strangest fan encounter?
Somebody just started crying and I ended up, like, nursing them back to reality. It was the fanaticism around True Blood, so I’m sure that compared to what my fellow castmates get, it was nothing.
4. What’s your favorite website?
Well, I have to say, it’s a cliché, but I’m probably on IMDb.com about five times a day. How did we get so attached to that website?
5. When was the last time you were starstruck?
It doesn’t happen too often, I’m sure there’s been a time since then, but — this will sound so pretentious but I don’t care — I went to listen to this Russian poet Yevgeny Yevtushenko and my knees were weak. … It’s an extraordinary thing to have led the life he’s led.
6. When is the last time you felt like crying?
Sam Trammell [True Blood] and I presented an award at the GLSEN Respect Awards, the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network [an organization that works to end bullying of gays and lesbians in schools]. They were honoring HBO. I wasn’t aware of this group and I was so touched that night by the stories that we heard from parents of children who’d been bullied and committed suicide when they were 10 and 11 years old. I wept a few times that night. It was an extraordinary education.
7. What one item do you never travel without?
The New Yorker.
8. What great women’s roles would you love to play?
I think it would be great to play all the classics, but certainly Lady Macbeth.