We’re still coming down from the highs of last week’s episode, which packed a lot of off-island action into one hour. Now we head back to the island for “LaFleur,” which — according to an ABC press release — finds Sawyer perpetuating a lie with some of his fellow survivors in order to protect themselves from mistakes of the past. Sounds interesting, but what we want to know is, who’s under the bag in the preview video below?
Guest stars this week include old favorites Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert and Doug Hutchinson as Horace Goodspeed, as well as newcomers Reiko Aylesworth (Michelle Dessler on 24) as Amy and Patrick Fischler (Jimmy Barrett on Mad Men) as Phil. Apparently, we’ll be seeing the latter two characters for at least a few episodes.
Here are the unanswered questions heading into this week’s episode, “LaFleur”:
• If Charles Widmore lead the others for 30 years, does that mean Penny was born on the island?
• Is Helen really dead or did Matthew Abaddon simply show Locke a fake grave site to get him where he needed to be?
• Who will be fighting in this war that is supposedly coming?
• Will Locke avenge his own death once Ben wakes up?
• Where did Frank Lapidus and Sun go?
• Where is Sayid?
• What year is it on the island now?
• Who is the man who created the equations used to find the island?
• We know Kate said not to ask, but … what happened to Aaron?
• How and why did Hurley get on the plane? (A visit from Charlie perhaps? It would explain the guitar case.)
• Why was Sayid being transported to Guam?
• Are we crazy for thinking Faraday and Charlotte might be related?
• Are the time jumps finally over on the island, now that Locke has moved the wheel?
• Are Ellie and Eloise Hawking one in the same?
• Why did Widmore fund Faraday’s research and pay for Theresa Spencer’s care?
• Why didn’t Richard and the other Others move through time when Locke did?
• How is Desmond “uniquely and miraculously special,” according to Faraday?
• Who is the woman in the butcher shop?
• Is Claire dead? If not, how is she communicating with Kate off the island?
• Who (or what) is Jacob?
• Why doesn’t Claire want Aaron to go back to the island?
• What does Christian Shephard want from Jack and Claire?
• According to the Oceanic 6’s story, who is Aaron’s “father”?
• Why doesn’t Jack want to see Aaron off the island?
• What did Kate promise to do for Sawyer once off the island?
• Why was Locke chosen by the island?
• What exactly is Richard Alpert’s role in the Ben vs. Widmore battle?
• What exactly are “the rules”?
• Why can’t Ben kill Widmore?
• Who really put the fake Oceanic 815 at the bottom of the ocean?
• What happened to Annie?
• What’s in that Black Rock journal, and why does Charles Widmore want it so badly?
• Who are the people on Ben’s list, and why are they on it?
• When, how and why was Charlotte previously on the island?
Check back on Thursday for a recap of this week’s episode.