By Mike and johnnysweeptheleg
We haven’t done a Lost preview post in a while, but if ever an episode deserved one, it’s “The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham.” When we spoke to head writer Damon Lindelof, he named it as a possible highlight of the season, calling it “an episode where a lot of things come together.” Considering what we’ve already been given so far during what is shaping up to be an incredible season, that would seem to indicate that we should prepare to have our minds blown. If that’s not enough of an endorsement, consider the fact that the preview videos contain scenes that feature Charles Widmore and Matthew Abaddon. We hate to go all Bizarro Comic Book Guy on you, but this is going to be the … Best. Episode. Ever.
Here are the unanswered questions heading into this week’s episode, “The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham”:
• Jack, Kate and Hurley made it back to the island — where are the other passengers of Ajira 316?
• What year is it on the island now?
• Who is the man who created the equations used to find the island?
• We know Kate said not to ask, but … what happened to Aaron?
• How and why did Hurley get on the plane? (A visit from Charlie perhaps? It would explain the guitar case.)
• Why was Sayid being transported to Guam?
• Are we crazy for thinking Faraday and Charlotte might be related?
• Are the time jumps finally over on the island, now that Locke has moved the wheel?
• Is Eloise playing both sides?
• Who was in the outrigger, shooting at The Islanders?
• Are Ellie and Eloise Hawking one in the same?
• Why did Widmore fund Faraday’s research and pay for Theresa Spencer’s care?
• How and why did young Widmore leave the island?
• Why does Richard tell Locke he has to die to get the Oceanic 6 back to the island?
• Why didn’t Richard and the other Others move through time when Locke did?
• How is Desmond “uniquely and miraculously special,” according to Faraday?
• Who is the woman in the butcher shop?
• Jeremy Bentham is dead. Is John Locke?
• Is Claire dead? If not, how is she communicating with Kate off the island?
• Who (or what) is Jacob?
• Why doesn’t Claire want Aaron to go back to the island?
• What does Christian Shephard want from Jack and Claire?
• According to the Oceanic 6’s story, who is Aaron’s “father”?
• Why doesn’t Jack want to see Aaron off the island?
• What did Kate promise to do for Sawyer once off the island?
• Why was Locke chosen by the island?
• What exactly is Richard Alpert’s role in the Ben vs. Widmore battle?
• What exactly are “the rules”?
• Why can’t Ben kill Widmore?
• Who really put the fake Oceanic 815 at the bottom of the ocean?
• What happened to Annie?
• What’s in that Black Rock journal, and why does Charles Widmore want it so badly?
• Who are the people on Ben’s list, and why are they on it?
• In her flashback, Charlotte finds the Hydra symbol and the remains of a polar bear wearing a collar in Tunisia. Um, what’s up with that?
• When, how and why was Charlotte previously on the island?
Check back on Thursday for a recap of this week’s episode.