1. What has been your strangest fan encounter?
Antonio Sabato Jr.: I don’t want to say strange. I’ve never had anything too crazy. I have great fans that come up to me, and they just want me to sign stuff. I have a restaurant in Beverly Hills — Prego — and they come in all the time asking for me to see when I’m going to show up. That doesn’t really scare me. I feel that my fans know who I am by now. I haven’t had anything crazy, nothing dangerous yet, and I hope that never happens.
2. You’re at a magazine rack and can pick three magazines. What are they?
I would pick F1 Racing [about Formula One racing], Motor Trend, and I’d probably pick People.
3. Do you have a favorite sports team?
I’m a Laker fan, always have been. And the New York Yankees, for sure.
4. When was the last time you were starstruck?
It would have to be Michael Jordan and Michael Schumacher. Schumacher [is a seven-time world champion] in Formula One. I was starstruck; I couldn’t talk to him. The same thing happened with Michael Jordan when I met him. And they were both very kind to me.
5. If your TV only carried three shows, which three would you want?
It would have to be Top Gear, Man vs. Wild and Formula One racing.
6. When was the last time you felt like crying?
When I saw my daughter’s [Mina] recital the other day. She was tap dancing in front of a lot of people, and she’s only 5 years old. That just brought joyful tears to me.
7. What is your favorite condiment?
8. “General Hospital” helped make you pretty famous. Not so famous may be the show’s creators. Do you know who they are?
I don’t. [They are Frank and Doris Hursley.]
Antonio Sabato Jr. can be seen Tuesdays on SOAPnet reprising his famous General Hospital role of Jagger Cates on the second season of its spinoff, General Hospital: Night Shift.